Submit by April 25th, 2007
Please send brief answers to the following 10 questions at your earliest convenience to ivetabrigis(at)accelerating(dot)org by April 25th so your group members have enough time to read your profile before we head up to Mendocino. Stay under 200 words (5-10 sentences, 1-3 paragraphs) per question, if possible. Feel free to include web links if you'd like to reference additional info. If you have a profile from previous years, please revise and update it, noting that questions 8, 9, and 10 are different from previous years
2. Science. Experience and Interests. Brief educational background. What sciences fascinate you most? Which do you wish to learn more about? Do you expect advances in particular sciences in the future?
3. Technology. Experience and Interests. Tech skills, tools, and gadgets you rely on, if any. Which technologies are you most interested in? Which do you find worrisome? Do you expect any specific technology futures, such as a technological singularity (human-surpassing AI) in coming decades?
4. Business. Experience and Interests. Career activities. Business areas you follow. Expertise you might be willing to share. How do you envision your personal or general business future in 10 years? In 30?
5. Social. Experience and Interests. Social and personal interests you'd like to share. Humanist (humanities, cultural, social policy) topics you enjoy. Future issues in ethics, security, sustainability, democracy, global development, human rights, freedoms, or other policy you consider particularly important.
6. Organizations/Communications/Sources. Personal web page, if any. Groups you are affiliated with or promote. Web community and other info sources you use and recommend (e.g., sites you regularly read/participate in, news sources, magazines, classes, other "conversations" you value).
7. Problems and Projects. Existing or potential projects you've identified, and may or may not be working on. Areas of collaborative opportunity. Personal and social issues you find challenging, and want to share with the group.
Strengths and Weaknesses. Some self-perceived personal strengths and some personal
areas you think you need to keep working on. Does community, friendships,
education, or partnerships help with any of these? What are ongoing challenges?
10. Looking Forward. What are your most important goals for the future? 1, 5, 10, 40 years out?.